Coming Soon! TutorLink Online™ Training
The Award Winning TutorLink Tutor Training Course Now Being Used In Hundreds of School Districts, Colleges, Universities and By Private Practice and Professional Tutors will soon be available ONLINE.
Tutor Training Video Modules
Three training videos and a faculty video cover key topics including:
- The Tutor’s Role
- The Initial Tutoring Session
- The Tutoring Sessions
- Positive Reinforcement
- Questioning Skills
- Listening Skills
- The Student’s Ideas
Templates and Forms
Included are templates and forms used by the highest rated tutoring programs at all grades, levels and courses. You receive all of this and other resources that may be downloaded and completed online or printed for easy distribution.
The Guide to Training Tutors
The Guide to Training Tutors contains guidelines for training new and experienced peer tutors. It teaches how to implement proven tutoring methods and protocols that produce higher grades. This guide is arranged in sequential training modules. The modules each have video workshop segments to assist you in helping tutors learn the TutorLink protocols:
Module 1: Orientation
Module 2: The Tutoring Sessions
Module 3: Tutoring Skills
The Administrative Guide
The Administrative Guide describes important steps that have been proven successful for setting up and administering a new peer tutoring program or improving an existing one. By following this guide and completing the Action Plan worksheets, you will learn ways to:
- Analyze your existing tutoring program and your support channels.
- Develop a leadership plan for staffing your program.
- Set the goals and mission statement for your peer tutoring program.
- Identify your target student population.
- Determine the locations and materials needed for your program.
- Identify and recruit your tutors.
- Promote your tutoring program.
The Guide to the Tutoring Process
The Guide to the Tutoring Process presents a step-by-step approach. The Desk Reference to Learning Problems at the back of this guide describes characteristics of common learning problems and defines important related terminology. This guide will help you:
- Determine why students have trouble with schoolwork.
- Learn the common causes of low grades.
- Implement proven tutoring methods and protocols.
- Utilize a series of forms and evaluation methods for tracking and measuring student success.
Peer Tutor Handbook
Peer Tutor Handbook The handbook helps remind tutors of key points from their training sessions. Also included are two posters which provide useful guidelines and serve as excellent training aids for The Tutoring Process.