proven tutorial system of methods and strategies
- The TutorLink Peer Tutoring Program is based on nearly 20 years of
front-line experience that has demonstrated its effectiveness in helping students
in elementary, middle, secondary, and post-secondary schools throughout North
Measurable goals and benchmarks
- The specified timeline benchmarks make outcomes predictable.
Assessment and diagnostic resources
- Procedures quickly identify students who are good candidates for tutoring and
those who may not be.
Training - The program
provides reliable criteria for selecting and training peer tutors.
Parent or guardian involvement
- Regular notification and practical task participation that parents and guardians
- The program indicates when, where, and how often students and tutors will meet,
thus increasing the probability that the tutoring will produce measurable positive
Opportunities through experience
- Tutors may be inspired to pursue a teaching career as a result of their tutoring
experiences. Peer tutors can capitalize on their tutoring experience when applying
to college or for a job.
investment in the TutorLink Peer Tutoring Program provides you with
an invaluable resource that will help you to fulfill your educational mission
and attain your schools educational goals. Its a win-win situation
for everyone: teachers, administrators, parents, and students!
long will it take to start a peer tutoring program?
With some planning, peer tutoring programs can be quickly implemented. Most schools
report that they are able to start producing positive reports and results after
one semester. Many tutoring Directors report that they did not have any assistance
or training and jumped into the task without guidance. Most agree that having
a model program with strong tutor training components and information on goals,
methods, and procedures would have been extremely valuable had they been available